Mulching film is the coverage of soil around the plants with polyethylene film. This agricultural method influences on water, air and thermal regime of the soil. In addition mulching accelerates the biological processes in the soil, ensuring better supply of plant with nutrients. Mulching film also inhibits the growth and development of weeds, surpassing herbicides, as it lacks selectivity with respect to weed species.
Mulching is applicable to the open-ground and warm-season crops such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, grapes, melons and gourds and berries. This has a positive effect on plant growth and development, accelerates ripening, and increases the yield. Strawberry and watermelon films are the most in-demand of Ukrainian agrarians. Under coverage mulching is used against weeds, for conservation of moisture in the soil and for the cultivation of organic products, by replacing herbicides with the film.
Advantages of mulching film:
- Acceleration of crops ripening, by maintaining heat under the film
- Increase of crop yield
- Minimization of plant diseases
- Prevention of weeds growth and development, by depriving them of needed sunlight.
- Soil amelioration. Mulching film keeps the soil tender, supports its moisture, prevents soil erosion and contributes to the formation of additional plant roots.
Polyethylene Products Plant “Planet Plastic” produces:
- transparent mulching film – canvas width from 0,7 to 1,5 m, bags – from 1 to 3 m. Thickness from 30 to 200 microns.
- black mulching film – canvas width from 0,7 to 1,5 m, bags – from 1 to 3 m. Thickness from 30 to 200 microns.
- black-and-white mulching film – canvas width from 1,5 to 2,5 m and from 8 to 12 mm. Thickness 100 – 150 microns
Nowadays black film enjoys a special popularity and more and more farmers in the market for this film.
If you are interested in mulching film, the price of the film or other sale conditions, the managers of “Planet Plastic” will answer all questions concerned and help to choose the optimal mulching film.