Steel pipes which traditionally have been used for the gas pipelines installation are replaced nowadays with a more modern and reliable polyethylene gas supply pipes.
Polyethylene Products Plant “Planet Plastic” produces polyethylene gas supply pipes of high-density polyethylene (HDPE), grade PE 80, PE 100, a standard dimension ratio SDR 17,6 – SDR 11.
Pipes diameter up to 110 mm are manufactured in coils from 50 to 200 m, the pipes diameter from 110 mm to 400 mm are available in lengths 12 m (or other lengths agreed with the customer). Pipes have a Certificate of Quality, Safety and Health Certificate, and comply with the State Standards of Ukraine ДСТУ Б В.2.7 -73 -98.
Areas of application. Plastic gas pipes are used for transportation and supply of combustible gases, for construction and renovation of gas supply systems transporting flammable gases, which are used as raw material and fuel for industrial and utility purposes
Polyethylene gas supply pipes. Advantages.
- polyethylene pipes have low price which guarantees additional cost-efficiency of any construction
- service life up to 50 years
- polyethylene pipes have increased frost resistance
- perfectly withstand aggressive chemicals
- polyethylene gas pipelines are light-weight, therefore their transportation requires less special equipment
- polyethylene gas pipes are environmentally safe and non-toxic
- polyethylene pipe diameter up to 110 mm is manufactured in coils, which reduces the number of joints during the installation
- can be used for trenchless pipe laying
Labeling. According to the ДСТУ Б В.2.7-73-98 polyethylene gas supply pipes are manufactured with the mandatory labeling that should contain:
- trademark or name of the manufacturing plant
- abbreviated name of material (PE 80, PE 100)
- standard dimensional ratio (SDR)
- nominal external diameter
- nominal wall pipe thickness
- purpose of gas pipeline
- maximum operating pressure
- designation of the standard
- batch number and date of manufacture
“Planet Plastic” pays great attention to the quality of its products, therefore the company has the Quality Control Department and its own certified laboratory, where all raw materials and manufactured products undergo inspection.